Johnny Love Vodka is a story about passion and entrepreneurship. The Passion started in 1983 when John Metheny started bartending to help pay for college at University of California-Berkeley. The nickname “Johnny Love” stuck as soon as one of his friends tried to embarrass him while flirting with a girl. A few years after graduating, Metheny opened up Johnny Love’s nightclub. By 1993, his mixology skills was so top notch that he was inducted into the United States Bartenders’ Guild Hall of Fame.
The Entrepreneurship started in 1999 when Metheny sold his nightclubs and created a line of flavored vodkas: Pineapple, Tangerine, Passion fruit, and Apple. By 2005, the liquor Entrepreneurship continued when T.J. Diab, an Internet marketing entrepreneur and investor, met Metheny in Las Vegas. Diab saw opportunity to grow this unique Johnny Love Vodka brand with its iconic lips throughout the United States and worldwide. July 2005, Diab founded Las Vegas JL Beverage Company which acquired the Johnny Love Vodka brand.
Five years later almost to the day, today in 2010, the Johnny Love Vodka line is sold in over 30 states and across the skies on Alaska Airlines flights where you can sip JL Beverage’s world’s only, one-of-a-kind, trade named Aloha® Vodka as you approach the Hawaiian Islands. It is virtually unheard of to secure airline distribution unless you are one of the corporate liquor giants.
The Johnny Love Aloha® Pineapple-Coconut flavored Vodka is enjoying tremendous success. It is quite unbelievable how so many flavored vodkas are out there, yet nothing compares to the high quality of the Johnny Love brand. Johnny Love Aloha flavor creates a standalone flavor class to vodka like Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey blend did to ice cream.
The Johnny Love Vodka product line received 3 bronze medals at the 2010 Wine & Spirits WSWA Tasting Competition for their Premium, Passion, and Apples flavors. At Miss USA 2010 After Party with Donald Trump over 1 million live feed online viewers partied along as Johnny Love Vodka cocktails were served to celebrities and guests.
Entrepreneurship + Passion is the only way to succeed in the vodka business, and Johnny Love Vodka is an iconic brand every successful entrepreneur will appreciate.
If you like to sip vodka, then be sure to order the signature “Love on the Rocks” that goes down so smooth. You will notice the incredible quality compared to the big corporate brands. Johnny Love flavored vodkas are triple-distilled, multi filtered, blended with proprietary recipes of natural fruit essence then bottled at 70 proof; Johnny Love Premium, a classic unflavored Vodka, is bottled at 80 proof.
Johnny Love Vodkas are 100% Made in USA! and products of California. The Johnny Love Vodka Company (JL Beverage Company) is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Top 10 Johnny Love Vodka Cocktails
1. Aloha Splash– Johnny Love Aloha® Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry Juice
2. Passionate Kiss – Johnny Love Passion Vodka, OJ, Cranberry Juice, Sweet & Sour
3. Forbidden Apple – Johnny Love Apple Vodka, Butterscotch Schnapps, Apple Pucker, Graham Cracker Rim
4. Tangerine Dream – Johnny Love Tangerine Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Sweet & Sour, Cranberry Juice
5. Love Drunk Punch – Johnny Love Aloha® Vodka, Pomegranate Liqueur, Triple Sec, Red Wine, Club Soda, Fruit Medley
6. Electric Passionade – Johnny Love Passion Vodka, Triple Sec, Sweet & Sour, Sugar Rim
7. Angel – Johnny Love Aloha® Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry, Float Champagne
8. Hawaiian Breeze – Johnny Love Aloha® Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Pineapple Juice
9. Straight Up Passion – Johnny Love Passion Vodka, Melon Liqueur, Pineapple Juice
10. A/C – Johnny Love Aloha® Vodka, Cola
T.J. Diab (L), CEO of Johnny Love Vodka, & Oscar Goodman (R), Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada.